Lattanzios was first opened in 1957 as Horsham International Shoemaker. Proprietor Barry Lattanzio gradually extended into men's footwear and in 1976 expanded into leathercraft, leathergoods and saddlery encompassing his love for horses in his business.
By 1980 Horsham International Shoe Co had grown considerably and changed name to Lattanzios Shoe Co. The expansion included overflowing into the building next door as well as building extensions down the back and upstairs- including a storeroom and a workshop for saddle and shoe repairs. The extensions increased the floorspace to 350 square metres- a massive increase from the 30 square metre space that Barry originally started with.
A major contribution of Barry's to the shoe industry was designing a Wimmera boot line for R.M. Williams. The concept for the Wimmera boot came about after Barry had decided he could come up with a boot that was more comfortable than one R.M. Williams produced. R.M. Williams was impressed with Barry's design and produced it to be sold exclusively from the Lattanzio store in Horsham for three years before placing it in the R.M. Williams catalogue. The boots were obviously popular with customers travelling as far from Melbourne to buy the Lattanzio Line.
Lattanzios remains a family owned business with Barry's son Anthony and his wife Gabby operating the shop now. They have dedicated themselves to providing the same high level of product knowledge and customer service that the region has come to associate with and expect from the Lattanzios name.
Mon - Friday: 9AM - 5.30PM
Saturday: 9AM - 12PM
50-52 Wilson St
Phone: (03)5382 1769